Tuesday 2 June 2015

“Is Cheetah Superior to Lion?” ―Professor M.S.Rao






“I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion.”  ―Alexander the Great


Recently I had an opportunity to meet my friend after nine years at his home in Chennai. He is 75 years old. He was a powerful businessman. He encountered lots of business challenges and came out with flying colors in life. His two daughters had family issues with their husbands. He fought those issues also legally. He became very old now, and is a diabetic patient. He walked slowly and I was unable to digest by looking at his physical position. I recalled my first impression about him when I first met him 20 years ago in Chennai. He was very active and brisk. He made decisions quickly. He shared some of his personal and professional challenges with me.

I felt very sad that old age is a very challenging one and life is incomplete without completing this stage. To inspire him that he was a very powerful businessman and resolved several business challenges very easily, I compared him with a lion.  Then his daughter who was 40 years sitting next to him and known to me since more than 15 years commented, “You know lion is a lazy animal! Whereas you are the most powerful man like cheetah! You are always ten steps ahead of my father in thinking and action.”  Until then I was aware that cheetah is the fastest animal but I never thought that cheetah thinks ten steps ahead of lion. I was excited with her appreciation and I started thinking about cheetah. In fact, my intention to praise my friend was to charge him up as I always inspire the people around me by highlighting their strengths.

Cheetahs are the fastest animals in the world. Their long tails help them balance and make sharp turns. Their claws are partially retractile which allow them to maintain their grip on high speed chases. They have the ability to see clearly over long distances during a chase. To minimize competition, they hunt during the day rather than at night and eat quickly after taking down the prey.  They are agile and active, and are experts in hunting. Hence, cheetahs are better hunters than lions.

Although cheetahs run faster than lions they are not as courageous as lions. The lions are very strong animals in the wild as they undergo lots of hardships and struggles. Additionally, lions have strength and a group mentality. To conclude, cheetah is superior to lion in many ways because it is the fastest animal on the land and thinks several steps ahead of other animals. But it cannot make rapid decisions. In contrast, lion is the king of the jungle as it is a decision maker despite being a lazy animal.


“It is better to have a lion at the head of an army of sheep, than a sheep at the head of an army of lions.” ―Daniel Defoe



If you like this article, Like and share Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Professor-MSRao/451516514937414




Life is great!

Professor M.S.Rao, India
Founder of MSR Leadership Consultants India
Listed in Marquis Who's Who in the World in 2013
Vision 2030 Webinar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBCO-gWmTRk
Twitter: @professormsrao  
21 Success Sutras for Leaders: Top 10 Leadership Books of the Year (San Diego University) Amazon URL: http://www.amazon.com/21-Success-Sutras-Leaders-ebook/dp/B00AK98ELI




Thanks for reading!

Kindly share your thoughts and comments below, I’m sure someone out there will find your story useful.



Copyright©2015 MSR Leadership Consultants India. All Rights Reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.

This is a nonprofit blog to share Professor M.S.Rao’s passion and vision to build one million students as global leaders by 2030. Please don't cut articles from my blog and redistribute by email or post to the web. The use of this material is free provided copyright is acknowledged and reference or link is made to the Blog http://professormsraovision2030.blogspot.in.  This material may not be sold, or published in any form, or used in the provision of business services to a third party without permission.



2 comments:

  1. Lion is a king of the jungle.Lions are symbols of strength and courage, also common symbols for royalty and stateliness. Good Article!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is true that lion is the symbol of strength. thanks for your insights

    ReplyDelete