- Declare that you don’t know anything. It is a fact that everyone knows something yet everyone doesn’t know everything. There are many things we must learn in our life. If students attend the classroom assuming that they know everything, there will not be able to pay any attention to educators. Hence, they must attend classes with an open mind to acquire knowledge.
- Win others, don’t defeat others. In life, it is essential to ensure win-win where all people are excited and respected. Compete with others to win but don’t pull down the legs of others. Ensure that all stakeholders are happy. Although it is not possible to make all people happy, strive to make people happy and special. Additionally, accept your defeat with grace as it reflects your positive attitude and presents you positively.
- Learn, unlearn and relearn. It is an era of intense competition. Competition is very cut-throat internationally. It requires innovation to beat competition, and to stay ahead of others. Work hard; work smart; and work wise to stay ahead of the game. Upgrade your knowledge, skills and abilities regularly. Learn, unlearn and relearn as per the changing times and technologies.
- Emphasize on co-curricular and extracurricular activities as well. To become a fully balanced personality, it is essential to emphasize curricular, co-curricular and extracurricular activities. Academic activities develop hard skills while co-curricular and extracurricular activities build soft skills. A judicious blend of both hard and soft skills is essential to become a successful personality and professional.
- Make a difference. Contribute to society. Participate actively in nonprofit activities to serve society. Don’t be rights-oriented but be duty-oriented. When you deliver your duties properly, you will be respected and you will be able to enjoy your rights. Don’t ask what value others will add you. In contrast, ask what value will you add to others. Make a difference to the world to provide meaning to your life.
Sunday, 9 August 2015
“5 Success Sutras for Students to Grow as Global Leaders” ―Professor M.S.Rao
“Educationists should build the capacities of the spirit of inquiry, creativity, entrepreneurial and moral leadership among students and become their role model.” ―A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
On August 06, 2015, I had the privilege to attend ‘Orientation Day’ in an engineering college in India. On this day, new students with their parents attend for the first time to understand the educational institution. I enjoyed the speech delivered by speakers. Here are the five success sutras I would like to share with my students:
Follow these success sutras to become a healthy citizen and grow as a global leader.
"Ideal teachers are those who use themselves as bridges over which they invite their students to cross, then having facilitated their crossing, joyfully collapse, encouraging them to create bridges of their own." ―Nikos Kazantzakis
If you like this article, Like and share Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Professor-MSRao/451516514937414
Read my ‘Vision 2030 One Million Global Leaders’ URL: http://professormsraovision2030.blogspot.in/2014/12/professor-m-s-raos-vision-2030-one_31.html
Life is great!
Professor M.S.Rao, India
Founder of MSR Leadership Consultants India
Listed in Marquis Who's Who in the World in 2013
Vision 2030: http://professormsraovision2030.blogspot.in
Vision 2030 Webinar:
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/+ProfessorMSRao
Global Top Gurus 30: http://www.globalgurus.org/leadership/upcoming.php
21 Success Sutras for Leaders: Top 10 Leadership Books of the Year (San Diego University) Amazon URL: http://www.amazon.com/21-Success-Sutras-Leaders-ebook/dp/B00AK98ELI
Thanks for reading!
Kindly share your thoughts and comments below, I’m sure someone out there will find your story useful.
Copyright©2015 MSR Leadership Consultants India. All Rights Reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
This is a nonprofit blog to share Professor M.S.Rao’s passion and vision to build one million students as global leaders by 2030. Please don't cut articles from my blog and redistribute by email or post to the web. The use of this material is free provided copyright is acknowledged and reference or link is made to the Blog http://professormsraovision2030.blogspot.in. This material may not be sold, or published in any form, or used in the provision of business services to a third party without permission.