- In the first level, I invite students who are interested in my passion and vision for discussion and counsel them. During the discussion, I look at various aspects including attitude, academic excellence, attitude of gratitude, persistence, team spirit, leadership abilities, continuous learning and above all, the heart to make a difference to society. I share with them my passion and vision to build one million students as global leaders. If I find that they are seriously interested in sharing and spreading my passion and vision with others on non-profit basis, I include their names in the dedication list of my upcoming leadership books. So far, I have included more than 300 students in five of my 30 leadership books. I have gifted these books to some of them with my own money. This dedication helps them as a reference during their employment interviews apart from remaining as a lifetime gift.
- I assess their contribution and commitment towards my cause apart from their performance. If I find that they contribute to society through Non-Government Organizations (NGOs) and non-profits, I promote them to the second level. Periodically, I have an interaction and discussion with them. If there is any need for my presence to inspire others who aspire to grow as global leaders, I attend and address the conferences/workshops/seminars free of cost. Those who are found lacking in commitment and dedication towards this cause, and found to be fake followers, will not get entry into the second level.
- At the third level, I provide them free leadership training programs actively depending on our convenience. I monitor their performance. If these leaders maintain continuous enthusiasm to spread my vision and passion and share knowledge with others, I elevate them to the fourth level.
- I check whether they are providing leadership training programs voluntarily on non-profit basis to others to groom global leaders. If I find them doing a great job, and based on their commitment, contribution and performance, I publish their interviews with photos in my authored book outlining their aspirations and expectations, principles and philosophies, and commitment and contribution to the society. In this way, they get gradually exposed globally.
- At the fifth level, I take 50 best brains who contributed with a heart to serve society and introduce them into my international connections to enable them to grow as global leaders. At this level, all the 50 core team members must take a pledge to build 50 more core team members as global leaders during their lifetime on non-profit basis to bring a positive change to the society.
Saturday, 25 July 2015
Sample Chapter - Professor M.S.Rao’s Award-Winning Book “Vision 2030: One Million Global Leaders” Foreword by Kiran Bedi
Here is the sample chapter of my award-winning book, “Professor M.S.Rao’s Vision 2030: One Million Global Leaders.” Dr. Kiran Bedi, IPS (retd), Magsaysay Awardee, former UN Police Advisor, Asian Tennis Champion, Law Grad, PhD-IIT Delhi, Nehru Fellow, Voted Most Trusted Woman, Founded NGOs, Author of several books wrote foreword for this book. I appreciate your kind comment and share with your connections. I dedicated to this book to APJ Abdul Kalam, the former President of India. Here is the link to purchase this book and post your kind review on Amazon http://www.amazon.in/Vision-2030-Million-Global-Leaders/dp/938620231X
"I shall pass this way but once. Therefore any good that I can do, or any kindness that I can show, let me do it now for I shall not pass this way again." — William Penn
I have a lifetime goal to build one million students as global leaders. I share it with students and participants regularly during my teaching and training programs. I also share it in my articles, blogs and books. I am very passionate about this prestigious non-profit project. I am excited to share with you that this project URL: http://professormsraovision2030.blogspot.in/2014/12/professor-m-s-raos-vision-2030-one_31.html was ranked as one of the Top 10 Finalists in the ‘Not For Profit’ category of Leadership 500 Excellence Awards, LEAD 2015 event in Dallas, USA where President Bill Clinton delivered his keynote address.
I have already trained 35,000 students so far, and I conduct classes, seminars, workshops and leadership training programs for students and corporates. Whenever the educational institutions request me to provide training programs, I honor their request and visit with excitement to share my passion, vision and knowledge. Apart from my active involvement in grooming one million students directly, I am currently building a core team of 50 die-hard followers through a five-bucket approach who will assist me to accomplish my goal. Here goes the break-up of the blueprint on my passion, vision, execution and transformation.
I am passionate about students. Hence, I have chosen the noble profession of teaching to make a difference in their lives. My areas of interest include learning, leadership, executive education and executive coaching. Hence, I connected the area of leadership I am passionate about with students to groom them as global leaders.
My vision is to build one million students as global leaders. I am a follower of Mahatma Gandhi and Swami Vivekananda. I have been inspired by Mahatma Gandhi’s principles of truth and non-violence. Also, by Swami Vivekananda who put India on the global map in the Chicago Conference with an emphasis on universal brotherhood and fraternity. He led from the front with his simplicity and humility. Under the influence of their ideals and ideas, I lead the movement to shape one million students as global leaders.
If you want to change the society, you need citizens who are highly committed and dedicated. Hence, I am looking for students with a positive, right and strong attitude to carry forward my passion and vision to build a better society to achieve the ultimate objective of global peace and prosperity.
Presently, I have built a team of a few students and corporate executives who share my passion and vision with others. They connected with me through teaching and training programs. I send them e-mails and connect with them through social media. Sometimes they phone me. I have been building this team over the last 8 years, and am still doing it by interviewing prospective candidates.
Top 50 Hardcore Team
“Men are developed the same way gold is mined. Several tons of dirt must be moved to get an ounce of gold. But you don’t go into the mine looking for dirt. You go looking for gold.” — Andrew Carnegie
During my teaching and training programs, there are students and participants who follow my ideals and ideas, and seek my career guidance and counseling. I have tentatively created a blueprint consisting of ‘5 Levels of Leadership’ to build global leaders as follows:
To accomplish my vision, I make use of social media including my four blogs, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Google+. I post articles on career, leadership, motivation, success, and learning and development regularly in my LinkedIn https://in.linkedin.com/in/professor-m-s-rao-b5211a34 and Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Professor-MSRao/451516514937414 and share them with students. I am happy to share with you that my teaching profession has become the launching pad to accomplish my lifetime vision to build one million students as global leaders by 2030.
Over a period of time, more leaders are groomed by me and my ‘Top 50 Hardcore Team’. We work as a team to make a difference to the world. When a stone is thrown into water it takes time for the ripples to reach the shore. My initiative started to create ripple effects to make a positive change among some students. Once the ripples reach the shore, I can expect total transformation of youth for global good. I intend to infuse my passion and vision into the young brigade who are filled with lots of fire in their bellies but lack the right direction. I would like to become a change agent to shepherd the youth to groom them as global leaders. During my teaching and training programs, I find students with lots of energy and enthusiasm to lead our country but they lack the right direction. They are looking for leaders who can show them the way. They are not happy with the way things are happening around them in society. We may consider them an impatient cohort but when we observe closely and clearly the youth is more worried about India. They are looking for fresh blood to lead from the front.
My role is to ensure that the right people are in the right place at the right time to enable them to grab the global opportunities. When a drop of rain falls into an ocean, it is without any significance. However, when the same drop of rain falls into a shell, it becomes a pearl. My task is to make sure that the drops of rain fall into the shells and become pearls. Hence, I would like to make sure that the students don’t lose their significance by going into wrong paths and areas. I make sure that they enter into right paths, careers and areas at the right time of their age to grow as global leaders with universal brotherhood and fraternity.
Society is a collection of individuals. When all individuals think collectively to contribute to others, they can make a difference. Margaret Mead rightly remarked, “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” Hence, we intend to change the society through a passionate vision and execution with a long-term view.
A Strong Leadership Pipeline
Building one million global leaders becomes a strong leadership pipeline for the world as currently baby boomers are retiring and there is an urgent need to build leaders at all levels especially at the senior level. These global leaders can contribute aggressively to make a difference. They can make India a prosperous nation and a super power in the world. They can work in any part of the world to create a better world. I am optimistic that I can contribute my best as an individual by building a passionate team of 50 to build one million global leaders by 2030. In case of my untimely death, my ‘Top 50 Hardcore Team’ will continue my vision with a tremendous passion. Hence, I am committed and dedicated to my cause, and above all, I am confident about my passion, vision, execution and transformation of students as global leaders with a global mindset to make a difference to the world.
My Personal Vision Statement
Here is my personal vision statement:
My vision is to build one million students as global leaders.
My vision is to help students unleash their hidden potential.
My vision is to help students succeed in every area of their lives, and to accomplish their dreams.
My vision is to help unsuccessful students become successful students.
My vision is to help successful students become even more successful students.
My vision is to inspire students to dream big and achieve big.
My vision is to pioneer for global peace, prosperity, stability and security.
“Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world.” – Archimedes
https://www.infibeam.com/Books/vision-2030-one-million-global-leaders-prof-m-s-rao/9789386202314.html#variantId=P-M-B-9789386202314Author’s Vision 2030: http://professormsraovision2030.blogspot.in
Author’s Amazon URL: http://www.amazon.com/M.-S.-Rao/e/B00MB63BKM
Author’s LinkedIn: https://in.linkedin.com/in/professor-m-s-rao-b5211a34
Author’s You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/user/profmsr7
Author’s Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/+ProfessorMSRao
Author’s Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Professor-MSRao/451516514937414
Author’s Company Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/MSR-Leadership-Consultants-India/375224215917499